Acer announces two more Chromebooks 512 & SPIN 512
At BETT, Acer revealed a pair of hardcore chromebooks for education customers. These devices are the first two 12-inch Chromebooks offered by Acer. One goes by the name Chromebook 512, the other goes by the name Chromebook Spin 512. Both devices are called “sturdy” and “safe for young students at school and home.” Also one has a camera on its bottom.
As the name suggests, the Acer Chromebook Spin 512 features a 360-degree hinge and Gorilla Glass with an antimicrobial coating that allows for use in clamshell, tablet, display and tent modes. A Wacom electromagnetic resonance (EMR) stylus is included and can be stowed away into the body of the notebook.
Other Spin 512-specific features include an 8 MP auto-focus world facing the camera and an 88-degree wide-FOV HDR webcam.
Spin 512 is powered by a quad-core Intel Pentium Silver N5000 or Celeron N4100 processor with 4-8GB and 32-64GB of storage. The Chromebook 512 features only a dual-core Celeron N4000 chip. Ports include two USB-C, dual USB-A 3.0 ports, and headphone jack, while Bluetooth 5.0 and 802.11ac Wi-Fi round out connectivity. Battery life is rated at 12 hours.
- 180-degree hinge
- Touch and non-touch option
- Certified in leading toy safety standards.
- Keyboard spill-resistant
- Touchpad is moisture-resistant.
- Intel Dual-core Celeron N4000
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB SSD
Acer Spin 512
$449 ( USD)
- 360-degree hinge
- Gorilla Glass with antimicrobial coating
- Quad-core Intel Pentium Silver N5000 or Celeron N4100 processor
- Wacom electro-magnetic resonance (EMR) stylus
- 8 MP auto-focus world facing camera
- 88 degree wide-FOV HDR webcam
- 4GB & 8GB option RAM
- 32GB & 64GB . SSD option