Projectors have been always a desirable piece of equipment for movies lovers, but cost and pain of installation had always restricted projectors from people’s lounge room. Not anymore !!
Technology is removing the stigma attached with the projectors ie. bulky, expensive and difficult to install, the new projectors are smart enough to offer great experience out of the box and are portable enough to carry to your camping trip. Today, I am writing about one of the product I came across is BenQ GS2.
I started my journey towards these cute little projectors by my first purchase of BenQGV-1. It is a cute little projector with 480p resolution which did not satisfy my inner movie buff as I was looking for something better and rugged as when we speak of portable the accidents do happen more often.
Benq GS-2 just came at the right time and it was the answer to all my problems for my next camping trip. GS-2 tempted me to take it on my “Xmas in July” camping trip knowing it would be freezing outside in Blue mountains watching a nice old movie with mates sipping on a mould wine would be dream come true.
The rugged body, inbuilt wifi, access to my content-on-demand apps it was a perfect companion for the outdoor cinema experience. It did help to have rugged body indoor also for those moments when you want kids to be busy while you finish the house chores and you know that projector can take the rough handling of the kids over the fight of which movie they want to watch.
So let me dig into the PRO’s of the product
- Built quality: GS2 is built to last, it has a durable, unibody structure, an IPX2 splash-proof rating, as well as drop protection from a height of up to 0.5m. This projector is rugged enough to take the hammering of your young ones and also keep them busy during these holidays
- Picture Quality: Resolution HD 720p (1280 x 720 pixels). This offers sufficient clear screen image outdoor.
- Ease of Use: The projector works on Android 8 offer Aptoide store for your favourite apps, Netflix, amazon prime etc. The apps may have an older interface but said that they work without any issues.
- Inbuilt Speaker: The speaker is good for a bedroom viewing but in open space, I recommend to connect with a bigger Bluetooth speaker for better sound for the benefit of all viewing.
- Act as external speaker: Projector offers the benefit of using it as an external speaker to your mobile phone for those long drives as it one less thing you may have to carry to your next camping trip.
- Wifi Dongle: Enables the device to work independently of any other streaming box.
- Keystone Correction: This works like magic based on where you are projecting the device autocorrect the Keystone to offer that image.
- Connectivity with IOS/Android. Out of box connectivity with your preferred mobile device makes it easy to show you special moment captured during the day can be shared over a bonfire with extended family.
- Safeguard Children’s Eye Health: Protecting your child’s eye health, the GS2 LED Projector features a reflected light projection, a built-in parental timer, an Eye-Protection Sensor*, and LumiExpert technology, which automatically adjusts its brightness based on your room’s current ambient light levels.
Now let’s talk which I did not like in the product, there are not many but here are the con’s
Price: I believe the price of the product makes it unreachable to many households as the second piece of equipment only for outdoors.
Remote control built: The quality of remote control leaves a little bitter taste in the mouth as its too plastic and looks cheap.
My rating: 8 out of 10
It is a great gadget to have if you are into outdoors lifestyle and enjoy watching your movies on a big screen. It can be a good tool to bring back your memories by running a slide show of the family pictures on a Xmas lunch with family or any other way you will not regret this purchase.